Thursday, 6 October 2016

Review: The Lovely Reckless by Kami Garcia



The Lovely Reckless
by Kami Garcia
Publisher: Imprint
Format:Hardcover
Release Date:October 4th, 2016
Purchase: [Amazon] [Chapters/Indigo]
’ve become an expert at avoiding things that could hurt me—which means I will figure out how to stay away from Marco Leone.

Seventeen-year-old Frankie Devereux would do anything to forget the past. Haunted by the memory of her boyfriend’s death, she lives her life by one dangerous rule: Nothing matters. At least, that’s what Frankie tells herself after a reckless mistake forces her to leave her privileged life in the Heights to move in with her dad—an undercover cop. She transfers to a public high school in the Downs, where fistfights don’t faze anyone and illegal street racing is more popular than football.

Marco Leone is the fastest street racer in the Downs. Tough, sexy, and hypnotic, he makes it impossible for Frankie to ignore him—and how he makes her feel. But the risks Marco takes for his family could have devastating consequences for them both. When Frankie discovers his secret, she has to make a choice. Will she let the pain of the past determine her future? Or will she risk what little she has left to follow her heart?
     


I don't know about you, but if you've never read Kami Garcia, you're certainly missing out on exceptional writing and imagination! Kami Garcia has been one of my favourite YA authors for quite a long time. Having co-written the phenomenal Dangerous Creatures series, as well as being behind books like Unbreakable and Unmarked, I was desperately eager to dive into her latest, The Lovely Reckless.

He keeps his gaze focused on me. 
“There’s no room in my life for what I want.”
“But if there was?”
“I still couldn’t have it.” Marco stares at the ground between us, hands shoved in his pockets. “Some things aren’t meant for guys like me.”

Following the tale of two deliciously addictive characters, The Lovely Reckless tells the story of  Frankie Devereux and Marco Leone. Frankie is a gal with a past that she's desperate to forget. Haunted by the death of her ex-boyfriend, she lives a dangerously reckless life. When her shenanigans land her back under the same roof as her cop father, she is forced to leave all she's known behind for a world of illegal street racing and school brawls. There she meets Marco, a fierce being and the fastest street racer around. Cupcakes, I was a complete sucker for this novel! An irresistible bad boy lead, an identifiable female heroine, promising action, sexy moments, and even drama that could mean life or death for our characters - I was hooked! The Lovely Reckless had all the makings of a swoon-worthy read, and it certainly won me over immediately. Well written and insanely intense, I'm certain I'll be diving into The Lovely Reckless again for another re-read. Younger readers, do be aware that this title is slightly more mature than other titles in the YOUNG ADULT genre. The Lovely Reckless reads more like a NEW ADULT title, so please be wary about picking it up beforehand. Other than that, enjoy the swoon!



Rating: 
5 / 5 Cupcakes




This title was provided to the blogger by the publisher/author in exchange for an honest review. No payment was received/accept in exchange for this review/post. The blogger requests that this review not be reposted or edited with the blogger's permission. The thoughts and words expressed in this review/post are explicitly the blogger's.

5 comments

  1. The Lovely Reckless is a book I can't wait to read. Still waiting on my pre-order to arrive. Canadian shipping it rough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore NA books. Do you recommend this for readers who love romance and new adult? I'm curious because it seems like one but for YA? Thank you for reviewing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ordered the book after reading your review! :)
    Thank you for bringing this book to my attention. I wouldn't have learned about it otherwise. It sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent review! I knew a lot of people would like this book, but I figured I'd stick it out and read some reviews before I gave it a go. I've been won over!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete