Wednesday, 9 August 2017

Review: Wrecked by J.B. Salsbury



WRECKED
by J.B. Salsbury
Publisher: Forever
Format: Paperback
Release Date: July 18th, 2017
Purchase: [Amazon] [Chapters/Indigo]
When you can’t trust yourself, how can you ask anyone else to?

It’s been months since Aden Colt left the Army, and still the memories haunt him. When he moved into a boat off the California coast, he thought he’d found the perfect place to escape life.

Then Sawyer shows up, and turns his simple life upside down.

Beautiful and sophisticated, she seems out of place in this laidback beach town. Something is pushing her to experience everything she can—including Aden. But as much as he wants her, starting a relationship with Sawyer puts them both at risk.

For Aden, the past doesn’t stay there; it shows up unexpectedly, uncontrollably, and doesn’t care whose life it wrecks.
     


I've read my fair share of, what I dub, "sexy books", and although I have continuously come across J.B. Salsbury's titles during my many searches for my next read, I regrettably have not read her work. That is, however, until I came across Wrecked, which was introduced to me in a Hachette Book Group newsletter, and I absolutely knew it was a must! When it made it's way over to me, I instantly put all other things aside, and instantly dove into it's pretty, pretty pages.

Wrecked, a standalone title by J.B. Salsbury, focuses on the intense and passionate relationship between Aden and Sawyer. Our heroine, Sawyer, finds herself living a less than thrilling life, finding herself always taking the safe route in life rather than doing things that might be a little riskier. Enter Aden, a soldier who's back on home soil after a terrifying tour, whom begins to find it difficult to live a life without the continuous symptoms of his PTSD. Both Aden and Sawyer complement each other beautifully in Wrecked, and I found myself head over heals for the couple one encounter after the other. I saw much of myself in Sawyer, not being a big risk taker myself, and was envious of her new-found courage and found myself inspired to be more free with my choices and life. As for Aden, I truly felt for him during his ups and downs. Seeing him face his demons continuously was heartbreaking, but I couldn't help loving how reassuring and present Sawyer was for him. It absolutely melted my heart! J.B. Salsbury truly has a heart-moving gem in Wrecked. Sawyer and Aden were an absolute wonder to read, and journeying with them as their story unfolded, page after page, was an experience I won't soon forget. Wonderful!

Wrecked by J.B. Salsbury is a must read for romance lovers. The leads are spectacular, real, and emotionally vivid, and Wrecked's story is truly an addicting roller coaster ride.



Rating: 
4 / 5 Cupcakes




This title was provided to the blogger by the publisher/author in exchange for an honest review. No payment was received/accept in exchange for this review/post. The blogger requests that this review not be reposted or edited without the blogger's permission. The thoughts and words expressed in this review/post are explicitly the blogger's.

1 comment

  1. I cant wait to read this lovely one, my copy just arrived last week. and your review is wonderful as always. :)

    ReplyDelete