Monday, 6 November 2017

Renegades Blog Tour - Review + Excerpt


Happy Monday, Cupcakes!

I'm very excited to be part of the Renegades blog tour! Along with Amanda at Brains, Books, and Brawn, I'll be kicking off the blog tour with my honest review on Marissa Meyer's Renegades and an exclusive chapter excerpt for your enjoyment. Be sure to stay tuned to the blog tour for more fantastic treats, reviews, and much more. Happy Reading!
-----

RENEGADES
by Marissa Meyer
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Format: Hardcover
Release Date: November 7th, 2017
Purchase: [Amazon] [Chapters/Indigo]
Secret Identities. Extraordinary Powers. She wants vengeance. He wants justice.

The Renegades are a syndicate of prodigies—humans with extraordinary abilities—who emerged from the ruins of a crumbled society and established peace and order where chaos reigned. As champions of justice, they remain a symbol of hope and courage to everyone...except the villains they once overthrew.

Nova has a reason to hate the Renegades, and she is on a mission for vengeance. As she gets closer to her target, she meets Adrian, a Renegade boy who believes in justice—and in Nova. But Nova's allegiance is to a villain who has the power to end them both.


     


Marissa Meyer is a phenomenal writer. She captivated me with the Lunar Chronicles series, broke my heart and moved me with Heartless, and now with Renegades, I find myself having a tough time choosing between hero and villain. Marissa, from what I've witnessed, has an eloquent way of writing a story. She can create a world so deep and rich in detail that it becomes possible to be sucked into the pages of her books and to fall completely into her worlds. Having grown so attached to her characters in the past, I knew before diving into Renegades that I would, too, fall for Nova, Adrian, and their chaotic tale.

Renegades is unlike any of Marissa's past titles, and furthermore is very unlike any hero/villain story you've read before. In a world of Renegades and Anarchists, Nova and Adrian are from very different life statures. Nova has always felt betrayed by the Renegades; a syndicate of prodigies with extraordinary abilities that serve and protect. With a fierce vengeance against them, she faces them head on and joins one of their superhero squads in secret, hoping to exact her vengeance from the inside. Enter Adrian, a Renegade with his own agenda - to find those responsible for his mother's death. In Renegades, I found myself having a difficult time choosing sides. One would think that the Anarchists (aka the "villains") would be an easy target to despise. However, the further I read into Renegades, the more I found myself identifying with and understanding both sides. From both sides of Renegades and Anarchists I found pros and cons to their way of thinking. But even though I found myself conflicted between the two, I did truly enjoy Nova and Adrian's perspectives. Both characters were fierce, strong, and incredibly intelligent and intuitive. It was phenomenal reading their dialogue and following them on their personal journeys for truth. Furthermore, I also absolutely loved the story development and action. It was filled with intense action, suspense, and surprising plot twists - it was refreshing and exciting!

All in all, Marissa Meyer's first installment in the Renegades series has officially become one of my most favorite titles from her yet. I highly recommend Renegades for fellow lovers of kick-ass characters, driven plots, and phenomenal writing. I'm also eager to learn more in it's upcoming companion and cannot wait to hear everyone's thoughts on Renegades!

Rating: 
5 / 5 Cupcakes



-----
Exclusive Excerpt
As an exclusive bonus for today's blog tour stop, Raincoast, Feiwel & Friends, and Marissa Meyer have given us access to a wonderful excerpt for your personal enjoyment. Please feel free to click the graphic below to take a sneak peek at Renegades by Marissa Meyer.

 Renegades Chapter Excerpt
-----

What's YOUR Extraordinary Power?
Visit jointherenegades.com/ to pick a side and take a quiz to discover your extraordinary power and to create your own Renegades avatar.


-----
Watch the Book Trailer
-----

This title was provided to the blogger by the publisher/author in exchange for an honest review. No payment was received/accept in exchange for this review/post. The blogger requests that this review not be reposted or edited without the blogger's permission. The thoughts and words expressed in this review/post are explicitly the blogger's.

2 comments

  1. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the book! And I wish I got your power -- fire! I got telekinesis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing!! can't wait to get a copy

    ReplyDelete